Monday, September 22, 2008

What are you wearing, temptress?

Skepticism:

skeptical
3 dictionary results for: skeptical
skep·ti·cal
[skep-ti-kuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1.inclined to skepticism; having doubt: a skeptical young woman.
2.showing doubt: a skeptical smile.

Maybe I should stop being so skeptical because it obviously hasn't done me any favors in the past couple of days. I should just start taking things at face value I suppose. Due to the awkwardness of last night (mostly probably on-set by me) I'm wondering if things are going to change or if I've actually ruined them...that actually makes my stomach hurt to think about. We'll see. Fingers crossed again.

Job Opportunities:

A certain job opportunity (that I really, really want) has presented itself to me. I'm really nervous and don't think that it'll be possible for me to do it, but nevertheless, I applied anyways.

Fall of 2008:

Classes start again Wednesday. I feel like I basically had no summer considering that I took two summer classes and have only officially been on break for about a month or so. I kind of padded my quarter (hopefully) to be kind of easy so I can 1. take it easy for a quarter (no math class!!!!) and 2. to raise my GPA because it's not quite where I'd like it to be.
I've also determined that, in order to utilize it to its full advantage, I'm going to start writing down the things I see at OSU because it's inevitable that I'm going to see about 1000 weird things a day and either 1. post some bulletin about it on myspace that I'll eventually forget about or 2. forget about the actual thing until a few months later when it doesn't even really matter anymore.
Examples from the last few years:
1. raccoon jumping and back-flipping off garbage can
2. renaissance cat umbrella (which obviously inspired my version of renaissance cat drawings)
3. segway man and old man keeping pace with each other while one jogged and the other "segwayed"
4. medieval renaissance joust/battle on the oval
5. CABS bus love
etc, etc, etc. It really only gets better, I just wish I could remember every weird thing I've seen or heard. This year I'm determined.



blah blah blah.





No comments: